new blog

NEW BLOG AT:
ASIAN HIP HOP TIMES

Thursday, March 11, 2010

D-City - Feelin Like Whatever MV


D-City - The Remedy


I remember about 2 or 3 years ago I saw a Caucasian high school kid wearing a black t-shirt with the words "D-City" on it. Up till then have never heard of the term D-City so I was curious and so I asked him what or where is D-City, because I'm thinking, aren't we in Vancouver aka VanCity? What does D-City stand for then? He told me D-City was a hip hop group and he was real excited to tell me about it too. Back then, I was pretty much under the dark about Vancouver's local hip hop scene (I still am pretty much). So I just shrugged off whatever he said.

Then flash forward to mid-February this year and I came across this music video called Feelin Like Whatever. Wow. I thought the song was pretty dope. The lyrics and production are on point. Heh, and what do you know, its done by D-City. Now I know what the kid was talking about! And from Vancouver too? Hey, that's a bonus.

D-City is a hip hop duo from North Delta comprised of Pinoy cousins Spot and Ess. The track Feelin Like Whatever is off their second album The Remedy (2009).

0 comments: