new blog

NEW BLOG AT:
ASIAN HIP HOP TIMES

Friday, August 28, 2009

Jin - Welcome to the Light Club



Here's the latest freestyle from Jin entitled Welcome to the Light Club which is Jin's testimonial freestyle rap about his Christian faith. The instrumental that Jin uses here is Kanye West's Amazing instrumental.

Lyrics:
I got a session booked for 7 and it's 6:35
so I got 25 minutes to conjure up this rhyme
its been a long time right stepped away from the limelight
but the breaks over Holy Spirit takeover
they say the truth will set you free if you so believe
Jesus is the truth with Him freedom can be achieved
I feel the need to let loose right at this instance
confession booth vocal booth really what's the difference
see when I use to battle I declared I'm the boss
I couldn't be defeated.. until I lost
not once not twice my opponents were killin' me
ego crushed but it also taught me humility
was once on the top sent straight to the bottom
some thought double r dropped him others straight forgot him
I used to hear the side commentary and get upset with it
until I realized what was said had some sense in it
no excuses for the stupid records that I made
would I still be sayin' this if those records had got me paid?
I can't call it either way I'm tryin' to save what's left of
my soul and not just what's goin inside my wallet
the beat was the canvas the paint was my rhymes
never thought that I could use my art to infiltrate ya minds
i used the mic to express how I possessed a lota skills
my lust for the opposite sex and 100 dolla bills
Common said He Used To Love H.E.R. yo she still
my baby so it's only right I learn to treat H.E.R. like a lady
you want raps about pimpin' killin' snitchin' ballin'?
you won't get 'em from me naw that's not my callin'
God Almighty reached out I mean this sincerely
He spoke to me like Morgan Freeman did to Jim Carey
it's no coincidence he got me out in Hong Kong
that I'd get it poppin' out here He knew it all along
listen to have much faith requires practice
they'll probably say I'm trippin' they did it to John the Baptist
this is not a rumor God is so great
I'm a late bloomer got baptized in '08
better late than never that's how the saying goes
all my brothers and sisters that are praying knows
Mark chapter 10 the 31st verse
the first shall be last and the last shall be first

Amen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

God is so amazing, he loves us so much, the fact that he can turn around a gangsta typical rapper like Jin and make him sooooo strong for truth and give him forgiveness and redemption is amazing. If I ever make millions is a good song too. Thank you Father for Jin

Anonymous said...

God is so great, he has turned Jin's mysogynist and negative lyrics into a light for us all to hear. its enlightening and i am so thankful. If God can turn a man like Jin into a disciple and servant, and give him mercy, then we all can be saved. Thank You Dad. you are all powerful