new blog

NEW BLOG AT:
ASIAN HIP HOP TIMES

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

T - Combination Platter feat. DJ Hasebe




Combination Platter is a club-banger track from the Korean female rapper, T (Tasha), from her Gemini album. This track was produced by DJ Hasabe, from Toyko, Japan. This is one of my favourite rap songs from T because she shows great versatility rapping in both English and Korean. Also, the instrumental by DJ Hasebe makes me want to rock my head back and forth. I have added the lyrics of the first verse and chorus of Combination Platter for you guys to read and dissect the lyrical genius of T. If you Asian rap fans ever throw a party, be sure to include this song in your playlist!


lyrics:

Friday night me and my girls hit the spot/
Step into the club, the DJ's spinnin hot/
Jams, the shit that makes you wanna dance/ here's your chance/
Now Everybody grab the first person that you glance at/
And Let the rhythm take control until your hands start to clap/
'Cause once you catch the feelin yo there's no turnin back/
In fact, let's lock the place down and throw away the key/
With all of life's drama that's exactly what we need/
So-- set your mind free/ Let it come naturally/
Ain't gotta worry what these people might think of me/
Release your stress/ And let the drum beat your chest/
'Cause Hasabe gonna break it down until we feelin blessed/
Yes/ He's got the beats and on the mic is Campo Lovely/
Who else could rock the crowd with a simple melody?/
Yo! From Seoul to Tokyo/ Let me see your heads go/
Back and forth to the rhythm, sing the chorus here we go/

Chorus

I like the way you talk
I like the way you move
I like the way you feel
I know you feel the same way that I do
You like the way I talk
You like the way I move
You like the way I feel
I know you feel the same way that I do

0 comments: