new blog

NEW BLOG AT:
ASIAN HIP HOP TIMES

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Kim Jin Pyo - Complaint feat Drunken Tiger


Kim Jin Pyo - JP Style


Kim Jin Pyo (Korean: 김진표) or more commonly known as "JP", is one of the rappers that helped introduce hip hop to Korea. He was a former member of the groups Novasonic and Panic. He has released 4 albums to date: 列外 (열외) (1998), JP Style (1998), Jp3 (2001), 김진표 Vol 4 (2003) and most recently, Galanty Show in 2008.

Complaint (Korean: 푸념) is a song from Kim Jin Pyo's 1998 album JP Style. It features Drunken Tiger rapping in English and Kim Jin Pyo rapping in Korean. This was one of my favourite songs back in my high school days when I was first introduced to Korean rap. The instrumental beat has a G-funk-esque kind of feel to it and the lyrical flow is just amazing. Back in the day, I used to put this song on repeat. This song brings me to the feeling of nostalgia...

0 comments: